The BMSW style of mentoring will usually involve these key features:
- The mentor acts as a critical friend asking those questions that businesses do not always like to ask of themselves
- The mentor will help the business work out their own answers to their questions and to make balanced decisions to take the business forward
- The mentor is there as a high quality sounding board for the business owner
- The mentor brings experience and independence to the client and is able to bring an external viewpoint to the business which is likely to be more objective than that obtained from family and friends
- Mentoring is usually a long term relationship
- Mentors and clients tend meet regularly and action plan at the end of a session
- Action plans are designed to provide a framework to move the business on at a sustainable pace.
We continually hear from clients that working with a mentor has, amongst other benefits, improved :
- Decision making in all areas of the business
- Confidence in all aspects of running and developing the business
- Staff management skills
- Delegation to staff and outsourcing companies
- Financial understanding and control
- Keeping a cool business head when things don’t go to plan.
We mainly work with clients who wish to grow their businesses and improve their performance where there are realistic opportunities to develop and grow.
Clients can be of any size and type of business but must be located within the South West region.